How Bikram Yoga Works
A regular practice of this series can result in the healing and repair of injuries and illnesses, weight loss, and peace of mind.
Bones are strengthened, joints are opened and lubricated, muscles are strengthened, toned and made more flexible.
By the end of a class, you will have worked every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament, internal organ, and gland while systematically moving fresh, oxygenated blood to 100% of the body resulting in restoration of health to all systems.
As you increase strength, flexibility and balance in your body, you will be energized, you will revitalize your mind, and you will be working on eliminating conditions of stress produced by fast-paced lifestyles.
Modern medical regulations will not allow us to directly make claims of Bikram Yoga's many healing properties, however many people who do Bikram Yoga on a regular basis report that they no longer suffer from conditions that can only, at best, be managed by modern medicine.
Testament to the healing properties of Bikram Yoga is that you can claim it on most Health Insurance Policies, see more in our FAQ section.
Benefits to expect from Bikram Yoga:
- Stabilization of your body weight to its optimum level for your body type
- Crave healthier foods and be less inclined to want fatty and unhealthy foods - and the healthier you eat, the easier it will be to lose weight!
- Healthier and more vibrant-looking skin
- Increased energy and stamina throughout your day
- Improved/stabilized sleep/wake cycle
- Improved response to stressful situations (you will be much more relaxed and a happier person)
- Better sense of well-being and a calmer/quieter mind
- Improved flexibility
- Improved circulation
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Improved lung capacity
- Improved sexual function
- Stabilization of blood pressure
- Relief from Arthritic pain and joint stiffness
- Reduction of symptoms of Diabetes
- Reduction of symptoms from Anxiety and Depression